SOAS has launched a major fundraising campaign – Questions worth asking – to help realise its bold ambitions for academic projects, student initiatives, and to transform its London campus.
Student Support Initiatives
- to offer scholarships to 10% of postgraduate students
- to support undergraduates through a year abroad as part of their studies
- to create a Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership
- to sustain the teaching of languages such as Cantonese, Hokkien, Burmese, and Vietnamese
- to create a Centre for Global Affairs tackling issues such as inequality, human rights, and international security
- to carry out pioneering research into major world faiths and intercultural understanding
Transforming the SOAS Campus
- to improve the SOAS Library and conserve its rich research resources for coming generations
- to refurbish and repurpose the college buildings
- to develop the final quadrant of Senate House
To strengthen further its work on Asia, SOAS was pleased to announce Professor Steve Tsang as the new Director of the SOAS China Institute. Professor Tsang said: “With your help and active participation I look forward to building the SCI into the best of its kind in the world. Whoever you are, a student or staff at SOAS, an alumni, a fellow China specialist, a journalist, a public servant, a business person or an independent person deeply interested in China, you are encouraged to explore with me and my colleagues at the SCI to see how we can enhance our understanding and study of China and things Chinese.”
To find out more about philanthropy and the Campaign for SOAS, please watch our thought-provoking film about alumni, their experiences at SOAS, and what their Questions worth asking are: www.soas.ac.uk/questions
To find out more about SOAS visit www.soas.ac.uk or to find out more about the SOAS China Institute visit www.soas.ac.uk/china-institute
Thank you for supporting SOAS.